to follow

click Blog Archive dates at right for full story

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gourmet Cooking Class







I (Sue) was not convinced that I would be staying through every talk. When the opportunity came up to take a gourmet cooking class with an on board chef I was the first to sign up. We made the minimum of four people (max 12) and here is what we made after 2.5 hours with the chef. Tropical Fruit salad with white meringue sauce, Greens salad, Jumbo Shrimp with butter garlic herb sauce, specially seasoned sweet potatoes of course taking home all the written recipes for later use. They even sent us home with an Apron souvenir all for 29 bucks. I am happy.


I did enjoy the lectures and debates also.


Our "cabin boy" made things out of the towels. One was this monkey. Another was a sting ray, then an alligator.



When you are "at sea" for two separate nights we were supposed to dress formally. That meant Charles had to scout up a jacket and tie for dinner. Most sailing vessels do not come equipped that way. We had to get a jacket at the Galleria. I had gotten him two shirts from Macy's at the same place earlier in the day. With an on board computer and printer we were able to create our luggage tags required to have on your suitcases (in our case gym bags). I have gotten good at traveling light. I had one bag and he had his one bag with his computer bag and a suit bag. I gave Charles my extra luggage tag. No formal clothes for me, just a dress or skirt and top like this one. Women can get away with a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment