to follow

click Blog Archive dates at right for full story

Friday, October 14, 2011

Southport NC

We are at Southport Marina and will leave later this afternoon for Charleston. The wind has been out of the southwest for the last two days so we elected to motor down the waterway from Beaufort to Southport rather than go outside. The weather is perfect and we expect 10 to 15 knots out of the NW tonight which should make a pleasant reach. It is 120 miles to Charleston. I am amazed at the number of megayachts using the waterway to go south. I suppose they are megayachts at the smaller end of the scale but they are large my my standards and must cost a fortune to run. In Beaufort there must have been twenty of them tied up at the dock waiting for the weather to improve. In fact Beaufort Docks ran out of dockspace for the big boats and put one next to us that made getting out early Wednesday morning very interesting. There are times I think I would really like a bow thruster.

No comments:

Post a Comment